Saturday 3 September 2016

Yikes! Where Did That Week Go?!!!

Well ... I'm not sure where the last couple of weeks went, but I think they bypassed me! My holiday is over and I've been back at work this week to a rather lot of sad and unhappy news ... so I was ready for a weekend!!

I have to say that the weather wasn't really playing very nicely, it was grey, overcast and blowing a gale, but my Beloved Geek Boy and I were brave and headed off to the Toowoomba Farmers Market. You see, when we were at the markets a fortnight ago, I'd put in a very special order with Kelly of Zhi Ba Candles. I gave Kelly some of my 'odd' tea cups and a pretty vintage jug to make some of her lovely scented soy candles. So off we toodled to pick them up.

Here's me (with my wind-blown 'dandelion' hair style!!) with Kelly ... and my bag full of goodies! :0) Kelly did a lovely job of filling my vintage pretties with my favourite soy candle ... "Persian Spices". And it was lovely to have a chat with Kelly, too. I can highly recommend her lovely range of candles. :0)

I couldn't resist lighting my vintage candles once I got home ... just to see how they looked. :0) Don't you love that warm glow?!

Pretty teacups, glowing and wafting lovely fragrances make me happy! :0)

This pretty jug was damaged a little inside, but now has a new role to play. Kelly has a range of scents for her candles and I just know I'll be heading back to see her again for refills when my pretty new candles burn down. If you're in the Toowoomba area, you can catch up with Kelly at the fortnightly Toowoomba Farmers Markets, or the monthly Queens Park Markets. I think she does one other market, too, but not sure which one. She also has a Facebook page for you to visit: HERE.

On to other things ... OPAMers ... I'm running a bit behind, but it's the time of month where you need to update your sidebar list of finishes and email your monthly tally through to me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg. I'm rather chuffed to be able to add three finishes to my tally this month ... and if instruction writing counted, I'd have a couple more. :0) I'm almost ready to launch a couple of new patterns ... including my mystery Secret Squirrel projects, so stay tuned! :0)

But right now, I'm off to snuggle into my bed with the doona pulled up to combat a chilly night here on our 'hill'. Hopefully it will be warmer and sunny tomorrow for Fathers' Day. A big HAPPY FATHERS' DAY to all the Dads out there ... I'm feeding mine lunch tomorrow ... which is DEFINITELY the way to his heart! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS




5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the candles look great ..what a great idea to use the teacups for.....

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Beautiful candles!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

OMG.... These are amazing 💖💖💖💖

Michelle Ridgway said...

Simply gorgeous Kris xx

Nanna Ray said...

Ooohh!! Love those candles. Must find this lady at the next markets here in Toowoomba . Thanks for sharing Kris. Bear hugs to you. Nanna Ray ---

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...