Tuesday 14 October 2014

Claytons Post & OPAM Winners!

Do you remember the old ad for a non-alcoholic drink called "Claytons"? The slogan was ... "The drink you have when you're not having a drink". Well ... this is a "Claytons" post ... the post you have when you were planning a different post. :0) I HAD planned to share a little sweet treat with you ... but the Meares' Madhouse is currently having a few email issues ... which means I can't email my photos from my phone to my laptop to edit. SIGH! So I promise to share that soon.

So ... what else has been happening here at the MM? I'm still stitching my binding down on my whole-cloth quilt, more boxes have been unpacked ,,, and a major mystery was solved! Intrigued?? :0) You see ... in the packing up to move, two of my MOST important sewing/designing tools were packed in a VERY safe spot. You know ... one of those spots that is SOOOOO safe that you can't find it again?! The missing tools were my 12 1/2" square quilting ruler that I use for most of my cutting (especially a new project I'm keen to get started on!) and my sketchbook where I draw new design sketches and write myself notes when I'm designing ... you know ... important things like measurements, placement, processes ... EEP!

I had looked in so many places, unpacked so many boxes marked "Sewing Room" - who knew I had managed to pack so much STUFF into my sewing room! :0) I couldn't find either of these lost tools. It occurred to me that wherever they were ... they were probably together, cos they'd been two of the last things packed. Hmmm ... the mystery deepened as the pile of boxes dwindled.

Then this afternoon, I had a "EUREKA!" moment. The box right at the bottom of the pile awaiting attention (of course!!) in my sewing room was dragged out from under the flotsam and jetsam, things were flung, things were shuffled until ...

... Ta da! Reunited with old friends and a mystery was solved as thoroughly as any addressed by Monsieur Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple or Sherlock Holmes! :0) So ... there's now really no excuse for me NOT to be creative, is there?! :0)

And speaking of creative ... you OPAM gals have been making some GORGEOUS projects in the last month. There were a fantastic 292 finishes for September - YAY!! Well done to everyone who contributed to that figure. And if you were like me and didn't actually get to add any finishes ... but took some time out to work on long-term projects or maybe did some prep work ready to get stitchin' ... WELL DONE! :0) OPAM is all about busy ladies taking some time out from busy work lives, time out from being Mum, wife, cook, cleaner, chief-bottle-washer and doing something that lets loose their creativity, cos when you take a bit of time to create and recharge your batteries, you have more energy to carry through into all those other areas of your life. Don't you agree?

Before I announce the September random draw winners, I want to say a huge THANK YOU!! to my GORGEOUS partner-in-crime Sweet Peg. During the last few months when we've been doing the house juggling and moving, Sweet Peg has stepped into the breach and carried the bulk of the OPAM load. Big Squooshy Bear Hugs to you, my Sweet Friend for being such an awesome co-host and partner-in-crime ... MMMMMWAAAAAAAHHH!!! :0)

OK ... drum-roll please ... the winners for September are ...



Congratulations, gals! Email me with your snail mail addresses and I'll pop a little surprise in the mail for you soon. Thank you to everyone who emailed their finished through to me or Sweet Peg, too ... it really is a big help at the end of each month. It gives us a bit of a head start ... and allows us more stitching time! :0)

Now ... I'm off to reacquaint myself with my sketchbook ... just because I haven't had time/space/my favourite ruler to create in the last little while doesn't mean there haven't been LOTS of new design ideas swirling around in my imagination! :0) And you just KNOW that I'm going to pair that sketchbook time with a cup of tea, right?! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope you're all having a fantastic week ... I'll be back soon (when the technical issues have been sorted!!) to share my sweet treat recipe with you. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

4 comments:

Polly said...

I am still hoping against all odds to find a small wall quilt I had in my sewing room in the old house...sigh... BUT I'm so glad YOU found your lost items!! I can not WAIT to see the big reveal of all of your new gorgeous decor in your new house!! Woo hoo!!

Noela said...

What a lovely surprise Kris, have sent you an email Hugs........

Narelle said...

Yes, when I find that 'very safe spot' I'm going to have a lot of aha moments :)
Congrats to the OPAM gals.
Enjoy your cuppa and sketching time Kris :)

Mistea said...

I'm guessing that was a very happy reunion with your missing tools.
Thank you for all the OPAM inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...