Friday 27 November 2015

Secret Squirrel Stuff On Sleigh!!

WOO! HOO!! Ring the bells! Light the Christmas Tree! Not because it's nearly Christmas ... cos this ostrich still has her head firmly in the sand about the "C" word!! I'm celebrating cos for the first time EVER my SSCS parcel is on Santa's Sleigh (or at least Australia Post's truck!!) on the VERY FIRST DAY of mailing!!


Are you impressed?! I sure am! :0) Chookyblue has probably fainted in shock, cos usually (and I've been involved in all SSCS's bar the first one!) I'm one of the recalictrent swappers bringing up the rear to get my parcel posted and Chooky has to crack her whip at me. WHEW!! What a relief! One thing crossed off my overflowing "To Do" list. :0)

Actually, I've had a pretty productive couple of weeks here at the Meares' Madhouse ... I've been able to stay home on my Friday's off for the last two weeks and it's amazing what you can acheive when you actually get to sit down at the sewing machine. :0) Now, a lot of it is still Secret Squirrel "C" word stuff that I can't show you yet, but I CAN show you a couple of cuties that I've finished.

Two little needlecases ... and I do mean LITTLE! They're about 2"x3" when they're folded up like this, so a really handy size to pop in your sewing pouch. And opened up ...

A doubled flap of lovely wool felt that is large enough to pop a couple of needles, some pins, a safety pin and I reckon you could pop in a card of embroidery thread, too. In fact, I think you could probably tack a couple of spare buttons to the felt and wind lengths of a few different coloured sewing thread around a thread card to pop in ... keep it in your handbag or suitcase as an emergency sewing kit. The best part is, they take hardly any fabric to make ... two 7" squares of fabic plus a square of wadding or pellon. I'm making a ridiculously large number of these to use as gifties ... if I ever pull my head out of the sand to deal with the fast-approaching "C" word! Tee! Hee! Hee!

So ... a good number of finishes going on my OPAM list for November ... THANK GOODNESS!! Last month was dismal. :0) And that's the good thing about OPAM ... it doesn't matter if you finish one project, 50 projecst (honestly! When do you people sleep?!?! :0) ) or no projects in a month ... if you've scheduled a little bit of "ME" time to be creative, to make some progress or be inspired, then that's A-OK. Which reminds me ... OPAMers ... only a few days left of November, so update those sidebar lists and email your tally through to me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg ... or Moo Moo as she is known to her new favourite little person! :0)

Right ... I'm off to find a nice, tall, cool drink before I hit the sewing machine again. Temps here are set to hit 36 degrees today ... and while others are grumbling about it being "Stinking Hot" I've decided it's "A Little Warm" today ... yes ... I am such a hot weather gal! Tee! Hee! Hee! Whatever you're up to today, stay safe, stay thankful, stay creative ... Til next time ...

OSTRICH BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG the miracle of Christmas.......you posting on the first day......
cute needlecases......where did you find that pattern????they are very cute.....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done! No whip cracking in your direction then! Love those sweet little needle cases. 'Tis a tad warm...phew!

Maria said...

I knew Chooky would be impressed that you not only finished your gifts but have them in the post.. congratulations...
Very sweet needle cases....
Ekk! Yes there are only two days to the end of November ........
Enjoy the hot weather.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris ,well done with your parcels and i love those little purses so cute. Thankyou so much for my lovely pattern and fabric and threads,they arrived on Friday and i have been in melb,sorry i couldnt email my thankyou something wrong with my email account,you have trulky spoilt me my friend xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...