Tuesday 29 September 2015

Made It Back!

Life still seems to be crazy-busy (how does that keep happening?!) but I thought I'd pop back here to finish sharing my photos of our Stitchers Dream Day Out. Chookyblue ... you'd better make yourself a cuppa and get comfy, cos there's LOTS of photos! :0)

So ... the day started on a very sweet note ... morning tea! :0) And with this year's theme of "Tea Party", we were treated to some tea party sweetie treaties ...

MMMMMMM!!! Melting moments, chocolate slice, coconut ice slice, caramel-choc slice, jam drops ... DROOL! :0) And because it was the 10th birthday for Stitchers Dream Day, there was time to cut the birthday cake! :0)

Aren't they GORGEOUS!! Stupendous Steph and Marvelous Marion cutting the birthday cake that was YUMMO! :0) And fueled by all that sugar, we were ready to get underway ...

And they were off and stitching! Or ... in some cases (mentioning no names!!!) off and CHATTING! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Here's Bronwyn demonstrating some embroidery techniques ...

And here's Julie sharing some stitching tips ... you can see her students are busily putting their lessons into practice! :0)

SOME people actually stitched ... go figure! :0) Julie and the Fabulous Fiona managed some impressive stitching despite being on the extended naughty table. Tee! Hee! Hee!

And then there were some overachievers ... Michelle and her Mum travel from Mt Isa every year to join us for the two days of stitching ... and I don't think Michelle sleeps ... she just stitches, cos she ALWAYS finishes her projects and brings them back for show and tell the next year ... SOMETIMES she even finishes a project in the weekend. See ... overachiever! :0)

And Gail-Sue was rocking her new patchwork skirt ... inspired by my growing collection of tiered patchwork skirts! :0) Doesn't it look fresh and 'springy'? :0)

And here's my buddy Lynda and yours truly with the lovely Julie Lovell. (My Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette was taking the photo and somehow managed to avoid photos this time!) As always, we had a fantastic time and we've already marked next year's dates on our calendar. There were some other lovely blogging buddies joining us for the weekend ... but I was so busy chatting that I didn't get photos ... hard to believe, I know! :0)

HUGE thanks again to Marion and Steph for hosting this fun and inspiring weekend for crazy stitchers. :0)

And speaking of crazy stitchers ... Tee! Hee! Hee! ... OPAM gals ... It's time to update your sidebar lists of finishes and email your September tallies through to me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg. It's a long weekend here this weekend, so we'll be doing some blog hopping I'm sure.

Right ... off to clean my toothy-pegs and keep an overdue date with my pillow. I hope you're all having a lovely week so far and that you manage to squeeze some creative time into your week. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS










5 comments:

sunny said...

Looks like a fantastic outing! If I didn't live a million miles away, I'd plan to join you next year. Hope you've got some rest by now. :-)

Maria said...

Pleased you had the best time.......

Melody said...

So glad you had fun and no wonder, it looks fabulous.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Fantastic time had by all...gorgeous pics and I didn't miss the cake piccies either lol!

Cheryll said...

It looks like sooooo much FuN. Lucky ladies... xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...