Saturday 24 May 2014

Scary Steps & A Precious Gift!!

Hello all!! I had intended to be back here a little sooner, but there have been a few scary/exciting things going on in the background of the Meares' Madhouse this last week ... the Madhouse has been a little more manically mad than usual! Tee! Hee! Hee!

You know how in life you cruise along for a while, bumping along nicely, slowly plodding along on the track to "achieving your dreams" and everything is pretty comfortable. Then ... suddenly, something gives you a jolt ... not necessarily a bad jolt ... just enough of a nudge to push you out of your comfortable groove that might become a rut if you're not careful. That's what's happened to my Beloved Geek Boy and I this week, quite out of the blue. It's EXCITING ... and SCARY!! We've taken a giant leap out of our comfortable groove and even if the steps we've taken have to be retraced backwards for a bit, if things don't progress smoothly, we now find ourselves OUT of the groove and needing to take more steps forward ... wherever that might lead us ... EEK!! :0)

So ... why am I telling you this if I'm being all cryptic and mysterious? Well ... I like to keep you all in suspenders! Tee! Hee! Hee! But the main reason is, whichever way we move forward, I might have to be away from my blog for a week or two at a time and just wanted to let you know that I WILL still be checking in and I will still be working with my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg to run OPAM, I'll still be lurking around blogland to visit you all ... I just might not have as much of a chance to sew and design for a while, so I might not have a lot to share with you. BUT ... I hope you'll stick with me, cos like ol' Arnie

  ... "I'LL BE BAAAACK!!" :0) 

And I'll share a bit more about our big changes when I can ... promise. :0)

So ... no sewing projects to share this week, but I wanted to share with you a precious gift that I received recently. Those of you who have been popping in to visit me for a while now will be familiar with my lovely dancing buddy Lynda ...

You may also recall me mentioning a little while ago that Lynda lost her much-loved 99 year old Nan a couple of months ago. Well ... it seems Lynda used to share stories of our adventures with her Nan and when Nan was deciding on homes for some of her special treasures (she had terminal cancer, so had a little time to make these decisions), she specially chose a precious gift that she asked Lynda to pass on to me. I was so touched when Lynda gave me Nan's gift. Lynda had obviously told her lots about me ... uh oh! :0) In the package from Nan, I found ...

... A GORGEOUS china trio!! Isn't it PRETTY!! I hadn't seen this design before, I think it's called "Blossom Time" and it just reminds me so much of spring here on top of our 'hill' in the Garden City. Oh how special it made me feel to unwrap it from it's nest and display it on my dining room table ... I confess there was a tear or two, as well. Lynda said her Nan told her often how lucky she was to have good friends (Debbie D makes up our dancing trio). Personally, I think I got a pretty good deal ... not only do I have a gorgeous addition to my tea cup obsession ... er ... COLLECTION ... I have the most precious gift of all ... a loyal and loving friend ... in the gorgeous Lynda. Big Bear Hugs to you, Lynda!!

So ... that's a little update from the Meares' Madhouse. I'd better sign off and go tackle my very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of chores and jobs. Have you ever noticed that dreams don't just happen ... we have to be willing to take a leap of faith towards them, then work like crazy to make it happen. :0) Hope your weekend includes a few wishes and dreams moving a little closer. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



12 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well my gorgeous....it sounds interesting!!!!!....we are all waiting and wondering what is happpening up there in your neck of the woods.....oooohhhh I bet it is exciting...xx

KimM said...

Looking forward to your stories - and what a wonderful remembrance.
hugs
xxx

FloS said...

Hi Kris !! what a beautiful gift you got !! and so special !!!
Florence

Melody said...

Such a special gift. Best wishes for you changes.

Christine M said...

See you when you get back Kris.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh all the best for your upcoming changes....very intriguing??? What a beautiful gift you received and good friends are true gifts as you said.
Sending hugs xxx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a lovely post Kris and a beautiful gift from a very special lady! Mmmmmm wondering what's happening now!!!! Exciting!!!!

Susan In Texas said...

Sounds like Lynda's Nan had your number! What a terrific teacup; I haven't seen that pattern before either and I've seen lots of teacups. lol I don't collect myself, but when my widowed Mom remarried 18 months ago, she married a man who had owned a junk.... I mean antique shop for 35 years and he has an incredible collection. His house was a total disaster, everything in boxes and piles for ten years! Mom has fixed all that and they now have a super-pretty home with a, yes, you guessed it, "best of the best" teacup collection in the kitchen. I'll have to take pictures of it the next time I'm in Green Bay. Some of those teacups are pretty spectacular.

Your story has me intrigued! Be sure to keep us posted.

Take care,
Susan in Texas

Janice said...

What beautiful keepsakes you received. I'm looking forward to hearing about your new adventures.

Polly said...

Wellll sounds mysterious and intriguing, Kris!! Best of luck and Don't forget us!!

Christine said...

Intriguing! I wish you the best of whatever it is happening!

Marilyn said...

Such a beautiful tea cup, and so special to be remembered in that way. Whatever your plans are, I hope it all goes well for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...