Sunday 19 August 2012

A Lovely Time Waster!

(This photo has nothing whatsoever to do with the following post ... it's just that a post with no pictures is a bit boring and I like this one so popped it on to add a splash of colour! Tee! Hee! Hee!)


This may surprise some of you, but I'm a bit of a technophobe. (I know ... a technophobe married to the ultimate Geek Boy ... go figure!!!) It takes me quite a while to gear myself up to embrace new technology and I'll often sit back and watch for a while to see if I REALLY want to take the plunge. Some I have, some I've kept my toesies out of the water.

Now, for some time now, I've been seeing a new button appearing on some of my favourite blogs ...


Hmmm ... "What on earth is this 'Pinterest'?" I asked myself. Self did not have any helpful information!! In fact, self often lets me down badly in the information department! Tee! Hee! Hee! So in a bid to gain knowledge ... and not be left entirely behind in the techno stakes! ... I started to click on those little red buttons to see what happened. Oh the beautiful photos I discovered!! The creatively staged photography, the gloriously colourful gardens, the inspirational decorating ideas! There was a whole new, pretty world out there ... but I still wasn't sure this new thing was for me ... plus I had a few little niggly concerns with it all at first ... which have since been addressed.

Well ... this weekend I took the plunge ... held my breath, closed my eyes and clicked on the "Sign Up" button. I now have a Pinterest account. Hmmm ... so what now? How does this all work? What do I do? Where do I look? Aaaah  ... the questions I pondered ... the pretty pictures I admired while pondering!!! :0) I'm still not sure I've entirely got the hang of this newfangled gadgetty thingy, but I do have a lovely collection of inspirational photos growing on my page ... I'm sure I'll learn more tricks as I go along ... but for now, I'm enjoying gathering lovely photos to inspire my creativity ... Oh! And fill in all the spare time I have laying around! Tee! Hee! Hee! Why not click on that red button in my sidebar and have a look at what's 'wasted' my time this weekend ... when I really should have been sewing! :0) I hope you enjoy the pretty pictures as much as I am. It's all Kerryanne's and Laurie's fault! Their lovely pinboards finally tipped me over the edge! Tee! Hee! Hee! Oh ... if you want a good belly laugh, pop across to read Laurie's post about her latest decorating addition to her bedroom HERE ... I nearly fell off the couch laughing!!! She also shared her link on Kerryanne's Friday link up party.

OK ... off I go to do some of the things I didn't do because I was cruising around Pinterest world. :0) Hope your weekend had been a balance of acheivements and relaxation. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

I wander around those boards myself sometimes, so many gorgeous pictures!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Ahhhh... you caught the Pinterest bug too. That's one bug I'm glad to have passed on to your sweets. I'm sure we will be re-pinning each others pins from now on.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Chookyblue...... said...

not going to waste any more time on the computer.........I waste enough now as it is..........

Polly said...

LOVE Pinterest!! I get so lost in it...time gets away from me!! I have porkchops in the crockpot using one of the recipes I found there on Pinterest!! Woo hoo!

Amanda said...

I look at Pinterest from time to time but decided against it as it seems to demand that you have a Facebook account first, and I've never seen the point of Facebook, nor do I want to spend yet more time on the computer, so I'm still waiting to be convinced about both Pinterest and Facebook. I can always set up a folder on my computer for any lovely inspirational pictures that I come across.

Anonymous said...

At first I was also clueless of what the heck is pinterest was all about. The curiosity got me and voila I signed up and started to explore it. I got hook and can't stop.
financial planners

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...