Monday 2 July 2012

Reporting From The South Pole!!

Well ... that's how COLD it feels today here on top of our 'hill'!! It's supposed to be 12 degrees, but I think that's a little optimistic, frankly, and doesn't take the wind chill factor into account, cos it is blowing a gale and FREEZING outside! Which of course is why I am curled up INSIDE in front of the heater! I'm not silly, I just look that way! Tee! Hee! Hee!
I hope you've been enjoying my holiday snaps ... I do have a few more to share with you, but I knew I only had a short window of time to do a post today, so I shall be back with more holiday snaps next post. I really only popped in today to remind all you sweet OPAM gals that we've clicked over from one month to the next again, so if you haven't already done so, can you please update your sidebar tally list and email your finishes to me or Sweet Peg. Thanks to everyone who has already done that ... I think you're all a step ahead of  me this month ... I seem to have lost a couple of weeks ... oh that's right ... I was busy being WARM!! Aaaahh ... it seems so long ago already, as I thaw out my frozen toesies in my ugg boots!!!! :0)

And just because it's not much fun to have a post with no photos ... and because I promised to share!! ... I've got some fabricky photos to share before I sign off.

While we were in Townsville, I managed to steal some time to visit the Tinkers Cart patchwork shop and had a lovely time! :0) I feel like I am VERY spoilt to be able to call the Quilters Angel my Home-Away-From-Home, but it's always fun to visit other fabric-caves when travelling. I had a lovely chat with Tracey after browsing through the rows of pretties and found that Tracey was familiar with my HAFH, having travelled down to be part of Stitchers' Dream Day Out a couple of years ago. FYI: Places for this year's Stitchers Day are filling up FAST!! So if you want to come and play with us, you'd better sign up quick ... my Bestest Buddy Lynette and I will be playing on the Sunday!!! But I digress! :0) Of course ... some fabrics followed me home from Tinker's Cart ...

Some of the delicious range of 'My Favourite Things' by Anni Downs. No definite plans for these at the moment, but I would like to make a few projects from Anni's "Some Kind Of Wonderful" book, so perhaps these will be set aside for that. The front row is a collection of brown fabrics I bought at Needleworx in Mackay. Brown may not be very exciting to most people but when you design applique projects that often feature bears, you're always on the lookout for a selection of nice browns ... I know Toni knows what I mean! :0) And after letting these pretties follow me home from holidays, I was SUPPOSED to be a good girl and not add any more fabric to my stash ... at least until the budget recovered from it's post-holiday doldrums. :0) So it's all Marion's fault ... really it is! ... that I happened to be visiting my HAFH the other day when some pretty new fabrics arrived. You guessed it ... some followed me home!! Does that happen to anyone else, or just me?!?!?!

No ... they're not REALLY pink ... they're ... umm ... dusty red!!! :0) I liked the vintage shabby chic feel of this range ... there are other pretties in the range, this was just a few ... and I only succumbed to temptation because I could picture a new bag design, so that's what I'm stitching away on at the moment. Don't you love the look of that front fabric with the writing and botanic pics? I think it's my fave. :0)

OK ... so ... that's it from me on this freezing winter's day. I'll be back in a few days with some more holiday happy-snappies ... and the winners of June's OPAM prize draw!! So stay tuned. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



7 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hmm... yes you have to watch that cheeky fabric Kris. Take your eyes off it for one minute and next thing you know it has followed you home. Happens to me ALL the time.

Love the new fabric range at Marions - what's the name of that one please Kris? Just in case it wants to follow me home too!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

lovelt fabric buys kris,we are freezing down here also,keep warm.xx

Christine M said...

Your little teddy looking at the fabrics is gorgeous. I love the fabrics too! It's cold here in Melbourne as well.

Mistea said...

Lovely fabrics to follow you home like that - especially when they have such good intentions.
Will look forward to seeing the bag.
Hope your toes rejoin you soon.

Fiona said...

It's freezing.. frost on the front lawn today for the first time this year.... was lovely to see you and pat those yummy fabrics for real... thanks so much for lunch and chats and see you again soon....
Hugz

Polly said...

So hard to even say the word freezing when we are experiencing such record hot temps here in Virginia...110 yesterday on my deck!!! I could use some of your cold air!!

Chookyblue...... said...

we've felt like we have had winter this year for sure........beautiful day yesterday and today should be better......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...