Monday 31 October 2011

Worn Out!!

PHEW!!!! What a busy weekend I had ... I'll come back tomorrow to tell you about it and show you some photos! :0) But I thought I would pop in quickly today to show you what my postie has been leaving for me in the last little while. The kind of parcels that we stitchers all love ... FABRIC! :0)
First to arrive was ...

... some Ruby yumminess!! I was going to be good ... I was going to be strong ... I said to myself, "Self, you do not NEED any more fabric!!" Then Sarah had a great special that 'Self' just couldn't pass up and 'Self' decided that really ... these lovely fabrics were just right for a secret squirrel project that I will soon begin working on so ... why not! :0) Now ... when I said that this was FIRST to arrive ... I should really have said first AND last to arrive! You see ... Sarah posted two parcels to me on the same day ... one with the layer cake (the red in the photo) and the other parcel with the half metre of the yummy aqua fabric. Now two parcels, posted at the same post office at the same time should arrive at their destination at the same time, right??? WRONG! Somehow, Australia Post in all its wisdom, sent the aqua fabric on a round-Australia tour and it arrived almost a week later! Sarah and I are still trying to work THAT one out!!! :0) Then, today on my way home from work, I popped into my Home-Away-From-Home and picked up the pretty Cosmo threads to match. Can't tell you what I'm going to do with it all ... you'll just have to wait! :0)

The other yummy mail to arrive today was ...

... Some more Rural Jardin charm squares! :0) Yep ... I have an addiction to this lovely range! :0) BUT ... I also have a special project in mind for this pack of delicious French General fabrics, so I feel justified there ... not that it worries me too much! :0)

And after all this delicious new fabric arrived, I was inspired to use up some of my existing stash to make another "just in case" giftie to add to my stash ...

... a strip-pieced notebook cover, beautifully modelled (as are the fabrics above!) by the famous covergirl, Miss Annie-Rose Bear who featured on the Mothers' Day cover of "Handmade". She waived her usual sitting fee since I promised her online exposure! Tee! Hee! Hee! So ... another finish to add to my OPAM list ...YAY! It's been a bumper month for finishes for me ... how did YOU go this month??? OPAM gals, make sure you update your sidebar lists and send off your emails to Peg and I so we can update our spreadsheet results. I've got a lovely surprise in store for prize winners this month ... but you'll have to wait and see! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Right now, however, I'm off to start dinner ... choir rehearsal tonight, so I need to shake my tail feathers and get moving. Hope you had a great weekend and I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about mine ... promise! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


5 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hmm... talking to yourself again I see Kris. Some people would be worried, but not me. I totally relate!!
Can you put me down for 40 finishes for OPAM please.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Vickie said...

oh yes Sarah is a bad girl posting such good specials..lol...my package arrived last week with lots of oohs and ahhs from me,aussie post has a lot to answer for I reckon..cheers Vickie

Annie said...

I had 2 parcels of Ruby from Sarah too Kris....purchased some metreage to match my 2 charm packs, then decided I should have another 2 charm packs.....:) They were a couple of days apart though. Isn't it yummy?

Love Bears All Things said...

Wish my postman would bring me such pretty parcels...I got one this week but it was only the bathroom rugs I'd ordered and another Christmas gift for a special little girl....
I did finish my TTS this month so that is a finish even though I'm not in your group. I was looking through my basket yesterday and realized I hadn't finished my Patriotic runner...soon..it would have made a good swap gift as we're in summer season over there.
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Mistea said...

Great packages, that postman really does have a problem with straight lines! Glad they arrived safely if somewhat delayed the Aqua is gorgeous.
Mmmm nice notebook cover there and sweet Annie-Rose is such a good helper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...