Friday 31 December 2010

Should Auld Aquaintance Be Forgot ...!!

It's that time of year when we sing "Auld Lang Syne", stay up past midnight (normal for some of us night owls!!), reflect on "The Year That Was" and look forward with hope and optimism to "The Year That Will Be". It's a time to take stock of where we're at in life and decide if we need to be somewhere else. But for me, the end of one year and the start of the next is a time to count my BLESSINGS ... which are NUMEROUS and too many to list! :0) At the top of that list, though would have to be my FANTASTIC FAMILY, my FABULOUS FRIENDS and my BRILLIANT BLOGGING BUDDIES! :0) A super-duper-deluxe ...

BEAR HUG!!!

... to you all, wherever in the world you may be tonight!!

I'm not really one to philosophise (probably haven't even SPELT it correctly!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) so I will end my blogging year with one of my favourite verses/prose ... An Irish Blessing ... that I send out to you all as my wish and prayer for you in 2011 ...



May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again ...
May God hold you safe in the palm of His hand.


Thank you all for being part of my 2010! I'm looking forward with hope, optimism and EXCITEMENT to you being part of my adventures in 2011 ... we're in for one HECK of a ride!! :0)
Til next time ... next YEAR! ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS & SCOTT
(AKA Beloved Geek Boy)


(Please excuse the bags under our eyes ... this was taken at my work Christmas Brekkie and us night owls weren't 100% awake yet! Tee! Hee! Hee!)

12 comments:

May Britt said...

Wish you and your family a happy new year. And hope that you get many creative moments in your sewingroom. I am so happy you and Peg continues the OPAM and I will join next year too. Opam 2010 have made me finish 52 small and big projects.

Wish you the best for 2011

Maria said...

To you Kris, Geek Boy and All Your Loved Ones Happy,Healthy and a blessed New Year.
Hugz
Maria

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the photo.....Happy New Year to you and Scott....it has been one hell of a year....I am looking forward to 2011, you are the best partner in crime...mwah Peg,,,

Anonymous said...

Happy almost New Year to you and Scott! Can't wait for your 2011 adventures *grin*. There is an absolutely WILD party going on down the street and the police are patrolling with paddy wagons etc. etc. It's going to be one heck of a night here! toni xxx

ozjane said...

Blessings to you and yours in 2011

Sheila said...

A very Happy New Year to you and your dear hubby , and all the best in 2011 ,keep those creative juices flowing and thanks so much for the beautiful Irish blessing .
hugs Sheila

Janice said...

Happy New Year to you and Scott. I'm looking forward to 2011 and OPAM. Bring it on.

Debbie Lane said...

Back at you hon...maybe I can finally make it up to see you!

Hanne said...

Happy new year to you too! All the best to you and your family - and big thank yous for hosting the OPAM challenge. It has been great fun.

julia said...

Hey Kris, sweetie!
Thanks for these beautiful wishes...I wish them "back" for you & your BGB and then some more!
You two look so cute & happy together!
Bear hugs to you & may the new year be at least as happy as all your favourite moments taken together,
julia

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Happy New Year to you both.
May 2011 be a happy, healthy and creative year.I'm looking forward to finally catching up and giving you a great BIG bear hug!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Sacramento carpet cleaning said...

Great job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...