Friday 15 October 2010

A Productive Day!

Friday is my day off and in THEORY, it's my main time for designing and all that entails. In REALITY, it doesn't always work out that way, as it is often the only day I have to run errands, make appointments or catch up with friends! :0) But ... today it DID work out that way and I have had an EXTREMELY productive Friday!! :0)

Firstly, I finished a very special quilt top ... my sort-of-sister Tiffy's 21st quilt. Remember these fluttery butterflies ...


... and their assorted colourful friends? Well, they now all have a home to flutter around on ...

Ta da!! Tiffy's as-yet unnamed quilt! I'm pretty happy with how it's come together and how the colours work together ... how can you help but smile when you look at the pretty butterflies! :0) To give the butterflies somewhere to rest when they get tired of fluttering, I added some cheerful flowers in the four corners ...

I love the yellow of green ... it looks so fresh! :0) I will be taking these butterflies off to my magical quilter next week so she has plenty of time to quilt it before Tiffy's birthday. Not sure what to name this one and I've also been asked whether I will release it as a pattern, but I'm not sure yet ... still thinking! :0)

The rest of my productive Friday was spent catching up with the mountain of washing that always seems to accumulate when you go away AND when the weather is wet. Since both of those boxes were ticked this week, you can imagine I needed my climbing shoes on to scale Mt Dirty Washing today! :0) The dogs like wet weather washing, though. You see, their beds are in the laundry and when it's wet weather washing, I have to pop everything through the drier rather than line dry them. And when I do that ... their 'bedroom' is lovely and warm thanks to the drier's tumbling, heated drying process! :0)

While the clothes were getting dizzy and dry in the dryer and the dogs were basking in the resulting warmth on a cold, wet day, I finally tied myself to the office chair to start writing pattern instructions. I have three lots to write and proof before the end of the month ... which is approaching at warp speed, it seems!!! And my rare show of self-discipline paid off ... one set of instructions, pattern pieces etc is completely ready to go and another is half done. Kerryanne will be VERY proud of me! Tee! Hee! Hee! So all in all ... Friday October 15 was a VERY productive day! :0) So ... I think I've earned a rest with some Gardeners' Journal stitching in front of "Escape To The Country" and "60 Minute Make-Over" tonight.

I hope your Friday was as productive as mine and that you have a fabulous, fun weekend planned. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

PS. Have you been over to visit Kerryanne in the last couple of days to see what she's up to with her "Simply Christmas" campaign? There's a fabulous hessian shopping bag to make as well as a tour through her creative space, so pop over and say "G'day!". :0) BH! KRIS

7 comments:

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi kris,
my thta is tuly a delightful quilt, Tiffy will just love it Iam so sure. it os gay and bright and breezy and summery. Have a great weekend,you deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

WEll done Kris! It's gorgeous! Those colours (even though I know you don't LOVE them!) all go together really beautifully :)

Maria said...

The butterflies look beautiful floating around your lovely bright quilt.
You sure are having a lot of cold wet weather over your way.
I am enjoying relaxing after our Quilt Hanging so not doing much. Please pop over for a look.
http://maria-lifeonthe block.blogspot.com

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Yeah Kris,
More pattern writing completed!

I love this latest, bright quilt.
So fit for a young lady and I'm sure she'll be thrilled with it.

Our Melbourne weather has returned to winter, oh yuk-sounds pretty much the same there.
Have a warm, cozy weekend,
Hugs,
Anna

Sew Useful Designs said...

Another beautiful, cheerful design Kris - and I'm sure Tiff is going to love it!!!

Hugs sweetie!
Vikki xx

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Yes Kris... I'm very proud of you. Giving you a great BIG cyber pat on the back [giggle].
Tiffy's butterfly quilt is so bright and cheerful - she will love it.
Hope you enjoy your Gradener's Journal stitching over the weekend.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Judy S. said...

Love all those flutterbies, Kris! What a pretty quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...