Tuesday 8 June 2010

More Deliveries & Vege Update!

I really have been meaning to post since Friday ... but somehow, 'stuff' kept happening, I got sidetracked, someone called, there was something on TV, the heater was in the other room and it was COLD ... and it's somehow been five days since I last posted ... SIGH! Ah well ... I'm here now, and since I have a bit to share, perhaps you'll want to go grab a cuppa before we get started ... off you go ... I'll wait! :0)

Waiting ...

Waiting ...

Waiting ...

OK ... if you're not back by now, you'll just have to catch up! :0) Let's see ... I told you about the 'special' delivery of my new nephew (notice it's MY new nephew, not my brother's new son! Tee! Hee! Hee!) on Thursday. Well, Friday saw me come home from errand running to find my postie had made a delivery. Ooooohh!! How exciting!! It was from the lovely Peg and inside I found ...


A brown-paper wrapped parcel and a gorgeous card produced by the clever Chookyblue. Inside I found ...


A GORGEOUS runner!!! Oh how WONDERFUL!!! I've seen so many fabulous photos of a plethora of table runners on Peg's blog ... she's the table runner QUEEN! :0) And now she's sent one to live at MY house!! Oh ... and some cute little choccies, too ... which have mysterious diappeared! :0) The back of the runner looked almost as good as the front ...


See?! And I've already foud the perfect spot to show it off ...


... In the guest bedroom, showing off my pretty wire tray and felt cupcake collection that I've bought or been given by the Lovely Lilly Linda. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much, Peg! I LOVE this beautiful belated birthday gift! Oh yeah ... I have got to be one of the most SPOILT birthday girls in Australia!

Now, I'd barely finished arranging my lovely gift from Peg, than the parcel van pulled up in front of my place ... WHAT THE?!?! Hadn't he already been?? Apparently he either forgot or the normal postie delivered the first, cos he DEFINITELY had a package for me, which he delivered in his usual 'delicate' way ... KUTHUMP!! And the parcel was ... my order from the Fat Quarter Shop. I had previously been strong and not ordered anything from this fun on-line shop despite a lot of time spent drooling, but I finally succumbed to temptation! :0)  Inside ...


... some charm packs and yardage from Moda's Rural Jardine range. Now, when I first started to see fabrics from this range, I have to say, I didn't really get excited, after all, there was no GREEN!! :0) However, whilst browsing the FQS site, I had a lightbulb moment for a new quilt design using these fabrics ... hence the purchase! :0) Don't they look so GAWJUS as my blogging buddy Joy would say, all packed up in their little packets ...



... but I just HAD to take them out and play with them a little! Tee! Hee! Hee! Then ... I played with them a little MORE ...


This colour range really is out of my usual comfort zone, but I have to say, I'm really having fun playing with it. I won't let my new design out of the bag just yet, but let's just say that I've been inspired by the country of origin of this range's name! :0) Will keep you in suspense for a little while, now ... you can entertain yourselves (and me!) by trying to guess!

And since yesterday was Monday, it was vege garden photo record day and this is what my vege patch looks like after 5weeks growing ...


The snowpeas are now reaching up to the third wire on the trellis, the beans are filling out, the carrots are starting to develop their ... well ... carrots and although you can't see them in the photo, the cauliflowers are growing quite tall. It's fun to watch my garden growing ... can't wait to taste all those yummy fresh veges! :0)

And now ... I'm off to cook something for dinner. Hope you're having a great start to your week. Til next time ..

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Isn't it nice when the postie brings parcels and not bills. Peg's runner is gorgeous and a beautiful birthday gift too. I'm intrigued by your new fabric.... so not you but lovely!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lucky you! The new fabrics are pretty - something French on it's way?

Love Bears All Things said...

I love those charm squares and the way you've arranged them. Thanks for the link to the shop. Your garden is looking great.
Mama Bear

Joy said...

Mmmmm, I totally agree ... everything about the Rural Jardin range is totally GAWJUS :o)!!!!
Love your pretty runner too, isn't Peg a sweety :o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Chookyblue...... said...

what a gorgeous runner from Peg and gotta love the card.........lol......2 girls on the retreat made something with Rural Jardin.......beautiful range........

Bec said...

What a beautiful gift from Peg! The tablerunner goes perfectly where you put it, the walls match!
Rural jardin is very appealling, there's something about blues and reds and whites/creams....

Jo in TAS said...

I love parcels, they always bring a smile to my face! Can't wait to see what you make out of the Rural Jardin fabrics!

SheilaC said...

LOVE packages in the mail!! :)
And lucky you to get that table runner from Peg !!

SHeilaC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...