Tuesday 9 February 2010

No Stitching Today!!

Nope! No stitching going on here today! Why? Cos I was too busy enjoying the results of the postie's visit!!

The last two of my Tilda books arrived! YAY!! So, as you can see ... I was WAY too busy enjoying a cup of tea, a piece of apple slice and a relaxed browse through my new 'friends'. Aaaaaaaaahhh!! Now THAT'S the way to spend the afternoon! :0) Would you like to take a peek as why I have fallen in love with these books?


Don't you wish your kitchen looked as pretty as this? Mine received its renovation makeover last year and STILL doesn't look this good! :0) I'm working on it though. Tee! Hee! Hee!


And then we move into the dining room. I have some serious china shelf-envy happening here! See the shelves on the wall in the background? THAT'S what I'm looking for to adorn my newly painted but very blank kitchen wall. Still looking ...! :0)


Now, you should have guessed there would be a BEAR in there somewhere, right?! :0) And what a cute teddy bear this one is. Oh dear! Did you just hear my "To Do" list scream in agony as I mentally added most items in the books to it? Tee! Hee! Hee!

So, I'm sure you're starting to understand why I put my stitching aside today to enjoy my pretty new books. And the backdrop for these photos is a recent face-lift patient that I've been meaning to show you. The pine hutch was one of the first pieces of furniture that my Beloved Geek Boy and I purchased together when we got married - and it was bought second hand from a friend who was moving towns and didn't want to arrange it's transport! After a bit of a rough move a couple of house-moves back, the hutch was looking a little tired and battered, so GB and I gave it a face-lift with some gloss white paint. It now fits perfectly into the new kitchen but ... I still have to work out what to display on it and how, as I've decided the previous 'stuff' that called it home needs to be culled a little. Here is a wider shot of the hutch ...


I couldn't take the full length as there are a couple of boxes of 'stuff' in front of it waiting to be sorted - do  you put those sort of jobs off too or is that just me?? I forgot to take a "Before" photo of the hutch prior to it's paint job - oops! But the white sure is an improvement and I love how the vintage runner looks on it - I'm a sucker for vintage linens, especially if it has pretty cross stitch or embroidery on it.

So ... that's my update for today. I might just make it back into the sewing room tomorrow now that I've drooled over my new books. I shall be back with a stitching update when some stitching is done! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

11 comments:

simplestitches said...

Ohhhh yum! Those books sure are delish....where did you get them again?
Make sure you wipe up all the drool marks before putting them away, OK? Could be nasty otherwise...
Love your "new" dresser, looks lovely...I too am a sucker for vintage runners with embroidery on them....stitchin' so neat...sometimes hard to tell front from back....wish mine was like that!
Have a fun filled day,
Julz

bubbachenille said...

Oh yes, please share your best book shop with us!
The hutch looks great too!

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
That definately looks like your type of book with all those clever ideas. We all have clever ideas its just the way we use them!
Love the new/old dresser.
I'd be able to fill that in no time with lots of pretties.
Hugs,
Anna

Elizabeth said...

I love the make-over on your hutch. White furniture is a favorite of mine. Your books look like lots of fun and I love the little 'display' you put out on your hutch. You have a great blog. Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

I've got both those books Kris and my "To Do" list is filled with yummy projects from them too he he he (I'm in love with the sheep and the chooks!!!). Love the hutch .... did you notice how good BOTH those bottles look on it??? Especially with that gorgeous runner!!! You might have to find another one for your friend lol ;o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Judy S. said...

Love that hutch, Kris

Anonymous said...

Oooh I may have to go book shopping! as if I need an excuse *vbg* toni xxx

ittybittyandpretty said...

those books would look just perfect on my shelves...
that hutch is perfect...i can see some china envy of my own in the near future :)
xxrosey

Crafts a la Mode said...

Sew Pretty Homestyle is one of my favorite books. I took it out of the library and kept renewing it for months because I couldn't let it go! And my niece, Michele, owns the magazine with the bunnies on the cover. In fact, last Spring we made those bunnies to give to all the girls in the family. These are posted on my blog for Easter 2009. Everyone loved them!

Best wishes. Keep truckin'.
Linda

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

You already know I'm a tilda addict so lets have a little challenge here my friend - who will make the most Tone Finnanger projects this year?? [giggle]
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Beeeme! said...

I know that hutch...but last time I saw it, it was MUCH fuller...! and a light pine colour...Oh, I'm torn. I love natural wood, but that's certainly a good look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...