Wednesday 30 September 2009

Sharing Bear Hugs!


Well ... Jenny has emailed me to say that her mail is no longer being held to ransom (read Jenny's post to find out what I mean! Tee! Hee! Hee!) and she has received her Hug Swap goodies. So ... as promised, after my teasing sneaky peek of the BACK of her goodies, I thought I'd better show you the FRONT. Ready??


Ta da!! Since I always sign off with "BEAR HUGS", you should have GUESSED that my mug mat and mug hug wouldn't share just ORDINARY hugs! :0) I had a lot of fun designing these little goodies for Jenny and they've actually inspired plans for a new pattern, so watch this space! Now, when I was creating, I DID get a little enthusiastic with the size of the mug hug, so it's a bit larger than Jenny's design. Jenny says she has some big coffee mugs it will fit, so that's OK, but my other thought was that it was just the right size for a coffee plunger, so here's the photo of took of Jenny's gifties before I sent them off ...


See!! Just the right size for my coffee plunger and I got to show off my pretty cup that Deb gave me for my birthday and one of the fabulous faux cupcakes made by my blogging buddy Kerryanne English! :0)

Now, along with Jenny's mug mat and mug hug, I sent her a little poem I wrote, which I thought I'd share with you.

Bear Hugs For You!
Sometimes you may be having a really ‘icky’ day,
When no one seems to love you and things don’t go your way,
When stitching seems to pucker and you tangle all your thread
And you really start to wonder, if you should have stayed in bed!
When that’s the way your day goes and you really need a hug,
Boil the kettle, make a cup of tea in your favourite mug-hugged-mug!
And as you sit and rest a while, at your mug you’ll stare
And feel the comfort of the hugs passed on by these small bears!
We all need hugs to make it through, at least three every day,
And I am happy I could pass at least TWO Hugs your way!
So when your day is ‘icky’ and you feel a little blue,
Remember someone cared enough to send Bear Hugs to you!


So ... there you go! Does that make up for teasing you with the back view of these goodies and keeping you is suspense?? I hope so! And even if you weren't part of this fun swap hosted by Jenny and Vickie, I hope you take every opportunity you can to share in-person hugs and cyber-hugs, cos scientists tell us that we need a minimum of three hugs every day to survive, but 12 to thrive, so start spreading those hugs around and we'll see how well bloggers can thrive!! :0) You'll be amazed how great it makes YOU feel too when you brighten someone's day! I'm now off to start blog-hopping to collect OPAM finishes - will be back with a draw winner in a day or so. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

9 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I bet Jenny is delighted with the mug hug you made for her. It is 'beary' cute.

Aaahh, I see one of my cuppies. I'm making them again this week after such a long break but now I have a brand new recipe.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

bubbachenille said...

Beautiful words, gorgeous creations !

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Cute poem - hugs to you,too!

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
Big bear hugs coming your way.
I loved your poem!

Oh, and those pieces you sent Jenny are so sweet.

Ah, I've seen those cakes before!

Well done on being sooo creative.
Are your parents creative too?
Hugs,
Anna

Wendyb said...

So beautiful...you are a gorgeous bear angel!!!! Jenny is so lucky...and you were worried ..... for what???? You can be my swap partner anytime!!!!
XX 'o) Wendy B

Debbie Lane said...

Beee-utiful!

Laurie said...

Cute bears.
I finished my WISP for September and am torn over what to do in October...a big project or ...maybe I can find a small thing to finish. September's was a big project. http://stone-belle.blogspot.com/2009/10/wisp.html

2ne said...

I love the bears - very nice :-)

julia said...

Hi Kris,
oh I knew Jenny would be delighted to have you as swap partner ~ the mug hug & mat are so cute!!!
And thanks for the bear hugs. It's just what I needed this day!
~ Hugs to you! ~
Julia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...