Tuesday 16 December 2008

North Pole Visitors!!

After a week of unusual humidity here in Toowoomba last week, the last few days have been cooler - so cool in fact, it drew some visitors from the North Pole out of hiding!

Firstly, I received a note in my mailbox on Monday to tell me that Santa had passed through Toowoomba and after taking a wrong turn at Hume Street, ended up dropping a parcel for me at the post office instead of my front door. So ... off I went to collect it. Hmmm ... a big box all the way from Utah. OOOOOOHHHHH!! My SSCS parcel had arrived! My swap buddy Karen Mc had been running a little late to post my giftie, but since she put it in the express sleigh, it's already here. So, I opened my box and found ...



A big note telling me I'm not supposed to open my giftie until Christmas Day! Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh!!! Doesn't Karen realise that I was one of those children who went snooping for hidden gifties at Christmas and once they were under the tree, I'd shake them and smell them and weigh them up ... and hope that some paper 'accidentally' tore so I could get a sneak peek?!?!?! Me and Stina ... neither of us are good at waiting!! How am I going to last til CHRISTMAS!!! Swap Mama Chookyblue says it will be character building for me. Hmmm ... isn't character what you get when you don't get what you want?!?! SIGH!! Here's me, trying REALLY hard to be good!! Maybe my beloved Geek Boy should hide it somewhere so there's more chance of me holding out against temptation! Thanks Karen for my giftie - even if you are a tease by not letting me peek!!

Now my other visitors from the north pole appeared over the weekend, but needed a bit of a country Christmas make-over before putting in a PUBLIC appearance. Here they are ...


All the way from the snowy north, Mr and Mrs Penguin from Lynette Anderson's wonderful Noah's Ark BOM. Yes, yes, as you can see, I've added my usual little extras! Mrs Penguin is now sporting a pretty blue necklace and a lovely flower behind her ear (hmmm ... do penguins have ears?? Well, they must, I suppose, or how else could they HEAR!! Another of life's little mysteries that could be solved if I subscribed to the Discovery Channel!!) and Mr Penguin is looking rather smart and has obviously decided to go formal, with a blue bow tie to match his 'penguin suit'! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I've also made some good headway on the latest block, a pair of handsome lions, which I've been stitching in between the Christmas present making and wrapping. In fact, I posted all of the interstate gifties today - much to the amusement of my local Postie! I do my mailing at a quiet little post office and I think I'm the entertainment for my postie whenever I pop in. He's always interested and bemused at the many different places I post to - today's batch involved five parcels, which went to four different states!! Mind you, in the past months I've posted to Sweden, Norway, Germany, USA and UK, so at least today was all domestic destinations!! Still think they should give me some shares in Australia Post or at least a Frequent Poster Discount! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Now, one of those parcels was winging it's way to Melbourne to a certain bloggy buddy who is back home and in the land of the blogging! Welcome Home Kerryanne!! Your bloggy buddies have missed you!! And do you know what that naughty girl did when she should have been preparing to go into hospital?? She took time out of her busy preparations to send me a little Christmas energy boost.


Hmmm ... pretty green paper, lovely tartan ribbon ... what could it be ...


OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!! Dove Caramel choccies - YUMMO!! Thanks Kerryanne!! These were definitely what gave me the energy I needed to finish my Christmas gift making and wrapping!! Yes ... you read correctly ... I've now crossed off ALL of the gifties that I had to organise this year! PHEW!! And the conclusion I've come to?? I need to be nastier so I don't have so many people to find gifties for next year! Tee! Hee! Hee! Just kiddin'!! While I still have a few left to wrap, they're all safely in the giftie basket, just waiting for pretty paper, sticky tape and a tag. Which is good, cos I think there's only nine sleeps left til the big bloke in red comes to visit. Have you been naughty or nice?? There's still time to turn it all round! Hmmm ... perhaps if I just stay in bed for the next few days I can manage to be a good girl! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time - Bear Hugs!!

CHEERS!


KRIS

(PS. Did you notice that I've 'decorated' this post for Christmas - lots of GREEN and RED!! Tee! Hee! Hee! BH! KRIS)

10 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hmmmm What happened to our truce? I still haven't traced the lions and probably won't till after the grandkids leave. Love your penguins!

May Britt said...

My DD is protecting my SSCS from me in her room LOL
I am like you and Stina.......hoping the paper will be tored a little so I can peak. Have even told Frida cat to play a little bit with the paper......so I can blame her for the paper being tored. But did she listen to me.........nope.

So I'll just wait.

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh my gosh Kris... that bag is far too easy to open... you better let your beloved DH hide it... (if he can) bet you know all the good hiding spots!!! LOL...
I wish you all the luck... and I can tell you something..I have promised myself NOT to open any more packages before Christmas...so we are in the same boat!! Can I so can you...deal...;o)

Joy said...

That's such a thoughtful gift from Kerryanne .... but quite clearly there's been a mix-up. Kris that's MY name with those choccies J-O-Y .... I can see that very clearly!!!! That's MY gifty!!! S'ok, just wrap it back up and send it on to me ... this happens such a lot at this time of year [tee hee] ;o).

Anonymous said...

Helloooo!!!!! Hey, where's a piccy of mine (that u have already opened, I know u have!) Glad u liked it!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hey sweets....here I am back in blogland. Just spent a while reading through all your posts I missed. For someone who wasn't getting to carried away with Christmas you seem to have lots of beautiful handmade Christmas goodies spread around your house. It must look very festive even without the tree.

Glad the sweet treats gave you some much neded energy to finish your Christmas preparations.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Karen said...

Hi Kris,
Glad to see that your SSCS has arrived. As you can see, I had a hard time wrapping it. Even the staples wouldn't hold. Hope your can wait 'til Christmas, but I know what you mean about waiting. Wish I could see your face when you open it on Christmas...Hope you like it;)
Karen Mc

Anonymous said...

Hi kris, I know where one of those parcels went...to ME!!! Thank you soooo much!
Penguins can hear and they can pick out their own chicks cry from hundreds and hundreds of others. How clever is that?? I only know this because my darling husband who loooves nature programs, told me I would never make a good penguin as I can never tell which child of mine is calling out in the middle of the night etc.
Lucky I have no desire to be a penguin even though I find black and white very becoming.
Hey what is black and white and red all over???.......................................a penguin with sunburn!!! OK way too late for me, Kiss Noises Linda Lilly Cottage.

Chookyblue...... said...

hope you character is much much stronger now...........lol.........

Teddlywinks said...

I love to poke presents - half the fun is guessing what is inside!! Can't bear to wait to open them!
Have a happy Christmas Kris!
Liz
Teddlywinks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...