Friday 4 July 2008

Cleaning and Cooking Chaos!!

Why is it that some things seem like a really good idea in theory, but much more trouble in reality?!?! If I ever work that one out, I may just keep myself out of some of the trouble I get myself into! But probably not! Tee! Hee! Hee! Today has been a frenzy of cleaning and cooking in preparations for the Harem Party that will take place here in our lounge room for Deb, my dancing buddy's, birthday.

Now the idea was to transform the lounge room into a simple version of a harem - easy right? WRONG! First ... I had to re-locate a large population of very disgruntled bears and dolls. They are currently enjoying (???) an enforced holiday in the spare room, where the regular residents are almost as disgruntled to have been inundated with uninvited guests.


You can see that the bed is now a LITTLE crowded! Reminds me of that children's song ... "There were four in the bed and the little one said, 'Roll over, Roll over!' So they all rolled over and one fell out!" Hope that doesn't happen to my critters! But wait ... there's more ...! At the end of the bed we find ...


Yep, more 'stuff' from the lounge room! Goodness knows how I'm going to manage to get everything back into it's right spots on Sunday!!!

It was then time to drag the 'Darlek' (my ancient, large, clumsy, barrel-shaped vacuum!) out of the cupboard and 'Exterminate!' the dust and dirt before dressing the room in it's harem finery.

So ... the room was a clean, blank canvas and it was time to decorate. I won't show you too much and spoil the surprise, but I will show you some of my mood lighting.


Oooooh! Pretty lamp! Bit different to the plain cane shade you usually see!!


And what's a birthday party without candles? DARK!! Tee! Hee! Hee! I crack myself up!! Hmmm, early night tonight perhaps!! I'm not sure my point and click camera really does the pretty light justice, but you get a bit of an idea.

I had also taken a photo of my progress in making a cheese ball, but it showed too much of my messy kitchen that looks like the Tasmanian Devil, Taz, has been through it, so I left it out!!! I did have a little taste of the cheese ball mix before putting it in the fridge to harden and have to say it was pretty yummy!!! Party food is fun, especially the savoury variety!!

So, now you know what I've been up to today and why next time I think I'll just shout Deb a cup of coffee somewhere instead of having bright and creative ideas!!! I'm sure the three of us will have a blast, though, so stay tuned for reports from the harem party soon!! Til next time, Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

4 comments:

anne said...

wow your party looks like it is going to be fun, enjoy. Love the flannel quilt you made, could you please tell me the size of the squares as I would love to make something similar. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Kris, I think your party will be spectacular and I can't wait to see some Harem house party photos!! Relax and have fun..it will be worth all the effort!! Kiss noises Linda Lilly Cottage

Lorraine said...

You will do it again...because ... because you won't remember next time that you said you wouldn't do it again ....LOL....besides it's a great excuse to rearrange everything when you put it back! Hope you all have a great time....!

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like such fun, hon! Go girls, and dance one for me.

I've been tracing stitcheries today, designed by UknowWho, and hope to get a start on them in the near future.

Will tell u bout my trip to Melbourne soon. Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...