Saturday 21 June 2008

Buck, buck, BUUUUCKKUCK!!

OK,so usually the dialogue of chickens ISN'T a written language (after all, can you imagine trying to hold a pen with claws?!?!) and so looks particularly odd when typed above!!! Let me explain ... you see, I was catching up with Granny Loz's blog yesterday and she mentioned she had joined the challenge to finish five UFO's before the end of July. I left a comment to say that I was doing so, unofficially, as I thought I might get stage fright from the public pressure and go hibernate for the rest of winter. (Still considering this option since it's rather cold and icky today, but for totally different reasons!!!) Now the naughty Granny Loz wrote back and called me ... GASP!!! ... A CHICKEN!!!!


I'm having sudden flashbacks to Marty McFly in "Back To The Future" - nobody calls me a CHICKEN!! Tee! Hee! Hee! So, I'm coming out of the closet ... so to speak!! I'm publicly joining in the challenge that Peg at Happy In Quilting has put out.


I will aim to (you'll notice I'm not rash enough to just say I WILL!!) finish five things on my "To Do" list before the end of July. So there, Granny Loz!! No more chicken jokes!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Of course, if the deadline starts to loom and I'm behind schedule, I may be like the chicken and cross the road - to leave town!! A little aside about the challenge logo - it was designed by that clever and versatile Chookyblue!! What a ... wait for it ... CLEVER CHOOK! Tee! Hee! Hee! I crack myself up!!! Sorry! Moving right along ...!! (must try to catch up on some sleep this weekend!!)

So ... guess what's on MY agenda for the weekend!!! Fly fishing ... Just Kidding!! I'm off to the sewing room to nominate five UFO's for graduation. Hmmmm ... where's that hat....!! Oh, before I sign off, if you're a serious bear fanatic, and only the NICEST possible people are!! You should check out Liz's blog and fab designs at Teddlywinks Designs. There's lots of cute little bear faces to admire and some fun patterns to add to the practical definition of "Infinity" - a stitcher's/quilter's "TO DO" list! Tee! Hee! Hee! Tell her I sent you to give her bear hugs!! But right now ... "Hi, ho! Hi, ho! It's off to stitch I go. No time to twitch, I have to stitch! Hi, ho! Hi, ho!" ... Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First again!!!BUKBUK BUKKEETT!

Kris, I know you're busy mate, but talk about committed non-committment! Oh well at least you don't go around promising what u can't deliver. Will be talking to u soon.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh Kris.....the numerous jokes I could make here about chooks, chicks, old boilers etc but I am going to be very supportive as all friends should be.

Congratulations on committing to such an event....wow - 5 projects.
You shouldn't be reading these comments you have too much work to do - back to it!!

Remember to have fun.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Chookyblue...... said...

oh you are outed now so no going back.....

from a very tired Chooky........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just love your blog Kris.....I can see a lot of good reading coming out of this blog....ha ha ha...thank you so much for joining my little challenge...you go girl....

Lorraine said...

You go girl.....nothing like a challenge to get you motivated....

Stina Blomgren said...

You made the right decision...nothing more than some good pressure will keep us speedy!! Good luck!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...